House Cleaning and organizing your home can be a nightmare. Putting the living room, bedroom, kitchen back together after a day of use makes you want to pull your hair out, but don’t worry there are ways to make these tasks easier. Organizing always sounds like a great idea in theory, especially when browsing the internet reading and looking at all of those great pins about organizing.
I like to keep things simple in life. As I get older, I am all about getting rid of the clutter and simplifying life at home for my family. So here is a list of tips that are real-world ways to organize your home all year round.
Get Ready The Night Before
Some of the most successful people in the world have adopted a practice of preparing for tomorrow the night before.
- Make lunches, set the clothes out on a chair or the end of the bed. Put everything your family needs in the same spot each night. Make sure your kids pack their book bags the night before.
- Put your purse, briefcase, cell phone and keys in the same spot each night. Part of organizing is developing routines. Our key hang on the hook near the door each day.
- Decide what you are going to eat the night before for breakfast. Put the cereal boxes out with bowls for the kids.
- Make a schedule for the family the night before, so your kids know who is using the bathroom first, etc.
- If you have a hard time getting up in the morning. Set your clocks ahead 10 minutes. Make sure you set all the clocks in the house to reduce confusion.
Organizing The Bathroom
The bathroom is one area of the home that everyone uses. Toothpaste, soap, towels and many other germs and mess lurking at every crevice.
- Get a small plastic tub with a handle. You can find these at any Walmart or Amazon.com. Next place all of your accessories like hairspray, shaving cream, razors, etc. in the basket. In our home, each person has a basket with their name on it. Place the baskets under the sink or put them on a shelf in the bathroom. This has helped to keep our bathroom sink clear and organized.
- The shower can easily get cluttered when you have multiple people in the home. Get some shower caddies and put the shampoo, razors, conditioner, etc. in each person’s caddy. There is a variety of different caddies, from hanging ones to suction cup caddies that stick to the shower wall. The goal is to get everything up and out of the way for each person.
- Keep your shower doors with a squeegee. Yes, like the ones they use on windows! These work great after your shower to clean all the water off and prevent streaking and water spots.
- In your medicine cabinet, install a magnetic strip so you can hang all of those tweezers, scissors and anything else that is metal.
- Go through all the drawers and medicine cabinet and get rid of anything that you have not used in a while.
Download Your Free Cleaning ChecklistChange it and Use it to stay organized at home!