If you have ever gotten gum in your carpet, you know how much of a pain it can be to remove it. Here is our Upper Valley Cleaning Tip for gum removal. The problem with chewing gum is when it gets smashed into your carpet and gets deep into the fibers. Regardless of how the gum got into your carpet, here is how to get it out.
Like any stain, the best time to remove the stain is immediately. The longer any stain sits in your carpet, the harder it is going to be to remove it.
- Place several handfuls of ice in a zip lock bag.
- Place the bag with ice directly on the gum stain in your carpet.
- Hold the ice on the gum until the gum hardens.
- Get a spoon
- Use the spoon to scrape the gum carefully from the carpet.
- If the gum is stubborn, spray a small amount of wd-40 on the gum and scrape loose.
- Blott the stain with paper towels to soak up any excessive moisture.
In this method, you will be using a hair dryer to remove the gum.
- Use your hair dryer directly on the gum
- Watch carefully not to melt the carpet fibers as you loosen the gum.
- Once the gum starts to melt, use a spoon or plastic bag to scrape up the gum.
- You may need to repeat the process a couple times until all of the gum is gone.
For the video and other great resources on how to remove gum, check out http://spotremoval.coit.comGet a FREE Cleaning Quote Today!Are you overwhelmed? Don't have time to clean? We can help!