Why would I want to stop using dryer sheets to soften my clothes? Let’s start with how bad dryer sheets really are for you and your family. We are exposed to a vast amount of toxins every day. You can’t remove everything from your life that may be toxic, but you can control what you put in and on your body.
There have been studies that have looked at the chemicals that go into making a dryer sheet. Manufacturers don’t have to disclose what really goes into making the products. One study found more than twenty-five horrible air pollutants. Some of the chemicals that were found were benzene, acetaldehyde, and other carcinogens. The author of The Brain Wash says that there are seven deadly chemicals found in dryer sheets. Here they are:
- Alpha-Terpineol – this causes a problem with your nervous system. It can also cause loss of muscular coordination, depression, and headaches.
- Benzyl-Alcohol – this causes nervous system disorders, headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, depression and in some rare cases death.
- Camphor – which is on the US EPA’s hazard waste list causes central nervous system issues, dizziness, confusion, nausea, twitching muscles, and convulsions.
- Ethyl-Acetate which is also on the EPA’s hazardous waste list. This is a Narcotic and causes headache and narcosis.
- Linalool – causes nervous system disorders and is a narcotic. When tested on animals it causes ataxic gait, which is a loss of muscular motor coordination and depression.
- Pentane – which causes headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, and loss of consciousness.
This sounds really bad, doesn’t it? Yikes! Do you really want to use a product in your home that causes all of these things to you and your family members? Enter in Wool Dryer balls!
Wool dryer balls are healthier and safer for your family
Wool dryer balls are designed to take the place of your dryer sheet and fabric softener. Most fabric softeners today use a host of fragrances and other chemicals to soften your clothing and make them smell nice. Here are the benefits of using wool dryer balls.
- They reduce the drying time for your clothing.
- They last a really long time. Most wool dryer balls last approximately 3 years.
- No waste, you reuse them after each time you dry your laundry.
- They don’t contain any chemicals. 100% natural wool
- Wool is an excellent biodegradable and antimicrobial material that helps soften and clean your clothing.